Morning Star Farms: Southwest Skillet

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

| | |











I'm part of a Bzz campaign with Morning Star Farms!
I looked through some recipes on their site and stumbled upon the Southwest Skillet.
Sounded pretty good, so I went and picked up a pack of the MSF Chick Patties.
I'm not sure why I didn't like it too much (I think it may have been because black beans are part of the recipe, ICK!) but the Hubs loved it... and that's all that matter right??
Here is the simple recipe, go try it out!



The Ingredient List:

○ 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
○ 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
○ 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
○ 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
○ 2 1/2 cups water
○ 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
○ 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
○ 1 package Morning Star Farms Chick Patties Original











What To Do?

○ Combine all the ingredients (except for the Chick patties and cilantro) into a 12-inch fry pan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture starts to boil.  Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.

○ Stir in Chick patties and cilantro (I forgot to buy the cilantro, but the dish can go on without it.) Continue heating for 5 minutes longer or until patties are hot.  SERVE!










Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6












1 comments:

Osha said...

OMG! Looks delicious! My hubby loves anything with Franks Red Hot lol Found you via GFC blog hop :)
~ Osh
SunKissed Peony

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)