Book Review: Weekends Required

Friday, October 26, 2012

| | |











Summary from Goodreads


Claire Walters has worked for Jason Danvers as his assistant at Danvers International for three years, and he has never thought of her as a woman until the day she jumps out of a cake at his friend's bachelor party.

Claire is forced to work a second job at a party planning company to support her ailing mother. She is horrified when Jason not only finds out, but has a front-row seat to the action. With Danvers in the process of merging with another company, Claire is forced to travel with Jason as well as work weekends. Suddenly all the fantasies she has entertained for years about her boss seem to be coming true. Her outspoken best friend Suzy thinks that just getting laid will solve everything. The problem is, Claire sees much more in Jason than just sex.

Jason is determined to know how the beautiful, sexy woman in the cake could also be his Plain Jane assistant who tries her best to blend into the background from 8-5 every day. Now not only does Jason see her as a woman, he fully intends to give her the fairy-tale ending that she deserves!








Another fast read marked down in the books.  Weekends Required was enjoyable.  The plot is a lot like other books I've been reading lately... Girl meets guy, some complicated shit happens and BAM!  The predictable happens and they stay together forever.  
But, whatev!  I'm loving the fast reads lately... keeps my life less boring.

I give Weekends Required ****.  The author made me laugh out loud one minute and turned around to put tears in my eyes the next.  It was fun and sexy.  It also hit close to home with the story of her mom having Alzheimer's.  The only time I got aggravated was when Claire kept pushing Jason away with her, "I don't need to be controlled, I can do it myself" attitude.  

The ending came too fast and too perfect but at least I didn't have to throw my Kindle across the room this time!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)