Nickname Me- Debbie Downer!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

| | |
I will not lie.  I have been quite the Debbie Downer lately… EHHH, for quite a long time actually.  I have gotten into a routine of thinking negative and reacting to situations negatively.  I’ve been throwing myself a damn pity party!

Why can’t I be thankful?  Life could be worse.  I have a healthy family, a roof over our head, we’re not hungry.  I’ve been able to stay home four days a week since my child was born.  But for some reason, I find reasons to bitch and complain!  YES, I’m a woman but that doesn’t give me an excuse to do it.  I complain about my house being too small, not having enough money to spend, doing all the house cleaning with no help, having to work double shifts on weekends and having no friends & family time because of that.  Am I that spoiled and ungrateful??

Steve threw some good points at me the other night:
·         That I’ve been thinking of the here and now when I’m really supposed to be thinking of what life will be like down the line.  This part of our lives is only temporary.  BLAH, easier said than done… but I get it!
·         (Not directed to me in general) That we can’t all just live life, goof around, have fun?  Why do we all have to be so serious about everything?

Being negative has caused me to snap at my child and my Fiancee when I should be trying to have as much fun as possible while I’m with them.  No… I am not spoiled (only sometimes when I deserve it.)  No, I am not ungrateful.  I’ve always had to have that instant gratification.  I’ve made terrible decisions in my life just for that instant, MUST have it now.  I’ve let life drag me down but I’m ready to fight back.

My plans for the next two years are to keep working at where I’ve been at for the last 6 ½ years.  Good ol’ MVCC!  Don’t get me wrong, I love the members (most of them) and I do have great days there (another blog topic for later.)  I will continue to help run our family business while I'm not at work.
I’m looking forward to the future.  I plan to be a stay at home mom with all of my attention going to my future hubby, Briana, my future baby(s?) that I haven’t planned yet and our party rental business.  I won’t have to miss birthday parties or special occasions anymore.  

I have high hopes.  I believe my family and I will become very successful.  Now if I could keep those high hopes and dreams in front of me at all times, I would be one happy, not-so-negative lady!

Until next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)